Now that you have uploaded your data source(s), you are ready to customise your KPIs. Here is how you can do so.
1. On the left navigation panel, click on 'KPI Explorer'.
2. You will be brought to our KPI page.
3. Click on 'Create New KPI'.
4. You will be brought to the KPI Configuration page
5. Fill in the "KPI Name" and "Short Description" fields
- KPI Name will be the name of the KPI you want to create
- Short Description is a description of the KPI, so that you know what it entails exactly
6. Click on 'Add data type'
7. The following will appear below
- 'Link to other entities' links your current data source to other data sources. Use this if you need data from two different data sources that can be tied together using a common field (e.g. Customer ID, Invoice No.)
- 'Filter Dataset' allows you set filter conditions for your data
- 'Computation' is where you calculate your KPIs based on the data chosen
* Do note that to create a KPI, 'Link to Other Entities' and 'Filter Dataset' are not necessary. However, you have to input values in 'Computation' to produce a value
Here is an example:
Let's say you want to set the total cost of your advertisements this year as a KPI
Under 'Filter Dataset', you can filter out data that does not belong to "this year"
a. Under 'Field', select Date
b. Choose your operator. The operators you can choose are " =, <, >, <=, >= "
c. Select your 'Date Options'. We have many default options, but if they do not suit your requirements, you may also choose the Fixed date option that allows you to customise your date range.
Next, go to the computation column to set up the computation. Since we are trying to find out the total advertisement cost,
a. Under input field, select 'Ad Cost'
b. Under KPI Calculation, select 'Sum' as we are summing up the ad cost. Other options include:
- Average - Returns the average value of the selected data
- Count - Returns the number of rows
- Distinct Count - Returns the number of rows with a certain id
- Max - Returns the maximum value
- Median - Returns the median value
- Min - Returns the minimum value
- Sum - Returns the sum of the selected data
c. Under formula alias, choose how you want to name this formula (This name will be used later in Post Calculation)
8. Click on 'Save'
Next Step: Customise your KPI widget